Homewood’s Summer Hotlist
Our favourite things to do in Bath this summer
It is now only a couple of weeks to go until the schools close up for the summer. Each year hundreds of families from all over the UK travel to Bath for a much needed break and escape to the stunning surroundings.
Here at Homewood, on of the finest hotels Bath has to offer, we get our fair share of family fun times and this summer should be no exception. We want all of our guests both big and small to have the best summer holiday, so in order to help make this happen, we’ve put together a list of things to do in Bath with the kids this summertime.
Here are our top 10 things to do in Bath:
- Ilford Arts Festival– Only a short drive from the hotel, Homewood is perfectly placed for anyone looking to embrace this cultured festival of talent.
- Bath Carnival – Potentially one of the biggest events this summer, during Bath Carnival the city is transformed into a scene from South American soil. A family event set to be remembered for many a summer to come.
- Bath Folk Festival – With artists travelling from around the world to perform for you, you really are in for a treat.
- The Roman Baths by Torchlight – Everyone has to go to the Roman Baths when coming to the city. This summer they are offering the chance to do exactly that but with an experiential, torchlight themed twist.
- The Bath Skyline Walk– There’s one thing the kids won’t be short of and that energy; so why not take them on the Bath Skyline Walk. Not only does it offer superb views over the ancient city but also gives you a chance to get the kids to bed nice and early for a peaceful night with Dad.
- Visit The Makery – Now we know the great British summer can be a tad unpredictable, so if you happen to have a not so sunny day, visit The Makery for a day of creative fuelled fun.
- American Toy Story Exhibition – Here for one summer only, a vintage collection of toy-like treasures from over 100 years will be on display together for the very first time.
- Bath to Bristol Bike Ride– With a well-established cycle path running from Bath to Bristol and back again, being aboard the bicycle is a great way to explore the great outdoors and get plenty of fresh air. All of that cycling is going to work up an appetite, so why not grab some of the best lunch in Bath at our award-winning restaurant?
- Forever Friends Cupcake Decorating Class– Who doesn’t love cupcakes? Exactly.
- Bath Farmers Market – If you love buying local from independent farmers and producers, head to Bath Market every Saturday and take home some fresh, organic fare to remind you of your time in Bath.
If you have any questions or would like some help organising your time in Bath, feel free to drop us an email via firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 01225 685311. If you’re still looking for somewhere to stay over the summer period, Homewood is one of the most luxurious, family friendly hotels in Bath. You can check our availability here.